Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Body Image Post

Alright I feel the need to post about body image now because I'm upset that I've gained 3 pounds since being home.
Hold it right there, before you go all motherly-instinct on my ass, oh Loren you are perfect the way you are, I would like to explain why this sucks the big one for me.

Okay so here it goes; I was never happy with my body in middle school and high school, I always was really convinced I was fat. And it took until this year that I realized 1) I'm not actually fat, and 2) I'm really okay with the way I look.
I mean, yeah, everyone wants to change things about them. If it were up to me, I'd rearrange my genetic code to be an inch or two taller, a bit thinner in my tummy and tits, and have a wider waist. But I'm never going to have that so I got over it and accepted this is the way I look, I mean, I'm never going to have ginger hair, or hazel eyes either, so whats the point in crying over my height?
Did comparing that even make sense? Hm.
Anyway, back to the original point. Even though I was finally happy about my body, I started birth control and gained about 7 pounds. Which sucked. And since then, I've been busting my ass to lose weight, and I was doing so damn well too!
But oh no. I can't have nice things and I gained 3 pounds.

I guess I'm being a bit melodramatic about this.
Maybe instead I should make a post about how I lost/am currently losing weight. Also maybe how I got over my self-hate.

Yeah.
I'm going to do that instead of whining.

Loren ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment