Saturday, August 11, 2012

Today I Went Dog Tier!

Hoorah! Back to the land of the living that has internet!
In case anyone was wondering why I have been absent recently, it is because I just moved in to my new apartment in Philly. Due to complications there, I have been completely internet-less for the past week. Toughest week of my life.

Anyway, the point of this blog post isn't to whine about my lack of internet this past week. Rather, I'm here to talk to you about my new thrown together Dog Tier Jade cosplay!
I'm just really proud of it/the ears I made for it.



Basically the inspiration for this cosplay, or the base of it, is the black and white wig I own. Honestly, I just bought the wig on a whim one day and had no idea what to do with it.
Then, my boyfriend and I decided to do a Rigby/Eileen cosplay from Regular Show, which lead me to buying the ridiculous oversized glasses!

And then it occurred to me; why not use the wig with the glasses and be Dog Tier Jade?!
After all her God Tier outfit is mostly black with bits of white, and I haven't seen anyone else do it with a wig like mine! So why not?

Unknown artist, but you can buy the print from WhatPumpkin!
In case you can't see, she has white and black socks/tights, which the wig matches.

So, my Dog Tier outfit is not exactly like her outfit, rather its more "thrown together" and "inspired by." I already owned white and black knee highs and a black maxi dress (no link, sorry!).
I used this tutorial (plus my own modifications, namely a headband and duct tape) to make her dog ears. And I painted an old pair of flats I don't usually wear red.

Throw it together and add some green contacts and you're set!

I wish I had some full body pictures of it. Maybe I'll get some if I wear it to Phillystuck.
But thats that!

Loren ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment