Sunday, July 22, 2012

[S] => Loren, Complain About the New Batman Movie

So I just saw the new Batman movie.
And guess what? I didn't like it. Let me tell you why I didn't like it.

Do not worry, I wont include any spoilers.
Also, this is a kind reminder that I am allowed to voice my opinions. If you disagree with me, thats completely fine, just don't be an asshole about it and come at me telling me I'm wrong. That is just rude.

I would like to take a moment to clarify, I am not a Batman fan at all. Nor am I a Christopher Nolan fan. I absolutely hated Batman Begins, I thought it was silly and a waste of my time.
However, on the other hand, I was pretty impressed with The Dark Knight, give or take the hype surrounding it due to Heath Ledger. My only issue with The Dark Knight was the brief screen time they gave Two Face. But let's not get into that.
Between my hatred for one, and my joy with the other, it seems as if this movie was destined to be mediocre in my eyes.

I guess I can start by saying I did not like Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.
Don't get me wrong, I love her normally, she's beautiful and a great actress, but as Catwoman? Yeah ok, how about.....no.
Out of her costume, she was completely fierce. She plays a bitch really well, and looked stunning doing it.
(Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of Catwoman to be H.B.I.C. in costume, and, oh I don't know, modest out of it?).
However, in costume it was really unbelievable. While she is slim and nimble, which is ideal for a cat burglar, but her body type just made the scenes where she picked men up and kicked the shit out of them look really fake.
Also, from my 'fashionista' point of view, her costume was just ugly.

Moving on, while I did like the idea of the villain Bane, I thought he could have been...I guess the word I'm looking for is improved?
He was a cool bad guy. I liked him well enough and his face mask was really awesome, but the main problem was, he was really hard to understand. I got about 40% of what he was saying, which sucked because I'm sure the 10 minute speech with the camera circling around him, and him being super passionate about what he was saying was really important. But it was just really hard to catch his words.
My other issue with him was I found him quite funny. Maybe that was intentional, I have no idea, but I found myself laughing at a lot of his actions. Plus you can't see his entire face, just his eyebrows, which were very expressive. Cue giggling.

I will say that Joseph Gordon Levitt did a pretty good job as the cop in it. I liked him plenty. However the ending with him....? No spoilers but it was Two Face all over again. Brief screen time for something important and then the movie ended.

Really? Like...really?
You're just going to end a trilogy with an ending that open? I mean, okay, whatever makes you happy, but it sure didn't do much for me. I'm just saying.

I don't know. Clearly I'm not a movie expert or critic or what have you. But personally I found the movie boring, predictable, and very long.
Obviously you should form your own opinions about it, but don't be rude to me because you disagree. Apparently there was someone on Rotten Tomatoes that said it was an "alright" movie and received death threats.
Really pulling for that not happening.

Okay, go see the movie and form your own opinion now.
Thanks for taking the time out to read this!

Loren ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment