Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Cosplay!

My boyfriend and I we're tossing around this idea of going to NYCC (New York Comic Con) in October as characters from Valve videogames. I believe if we do, he will opt to being someone from Team Fortress 2. I on the other hand, will not be from TF2.
And on that note, I am so excited to announce that I am working on a Chell cosplay!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Chell is the main character from my favorite video game(s), Portal/Portal 2. She's pretty badass.



Basically in the game you play as her (obviously), and you are a test subject for Aperture Laboratories. There you test the portal gun-device, and eventually escape to earn your freedom. Go play it if you haven't.
Seriously.

Anyway, I was thinking about how cool it would be to cosplay her some day, but never really gave it much thought, mostly due to the fact I didn't want to blindly buy and orange jumpsuit off of online. But then I went to the mall Monday night with my best friend, and I came across these fabulous pants that are both comfortable, and perfect for a Chell cosplay!

I can't find a link where to buy them.
I'm super excited about this cosplay. The rest of the costume itself is pretty easy to make/buy, I just need a blue sports bra, an Aperture tank top, and maybe a wig to make my hair longer? (I just really like wigs okay.)
The only difficult parts I'll have to make are the long fall boots, and the portal gun.


I'm not too concerned about the long-fall boots, because there are a few tutorials online on how to make them from old boots. You just have to sort through google.
The portal gun on the other hand, that seems almost impossible to make (at least for me). They do sell replicas online, but I don't think I'll have that kind of money any time soon. If it turns out I can't make a portal gun, I will probably just opt to carrying around a companion cube. Which isn't a bad alternative.
Drawing of me hugging a companion cube, by me.
They sell plushies of them. And honestly they aren't hard to make. Just get your hands on a box and some paint!
Plus, I love the companion cube.

I will keep you updated on the progress of this cosplay, and, depending on how well the boots turn out, may even make a post about them!
Until then.

Loren ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment